Fall 2020 Enrichment On-Campus Camps & Virtual Classes
registration now Open!
Scholarship Applications Now open!
We will be accepting scholarship applications through September 21, 2020
Session 1: September 28 - October 29 (5 weeks)
Session 2: November 9 - December 17 (5 weeks)
No Camp on Veteran's Day or the full week of Thanksgiving
Meets twice weekly (M/W or Tu/Th) for two hours
Camp starts 10 minutes after "Hybrid Group B" (varies by school)
Cohorts of 10-14 kids
Virtual Enrichment Classes
September 28 - December 18 (11 weeks)
No classes on Veteran's Day or the full week of Thanksgiving
Classes at 3pm and 4pm (One 50 minute class per week)
Class size of 10-30 kids
Click on the arrow next to your school to see current class fliers and more
After School Enrichment
Aside from the FUN, innovative classes offered,
did you know quality After School Programs:
- Give children activity choices, engage them in enrichment activities, and support socialization and team learning
- Pay academic dividends during the school day, whether or not the class is classified as “academic,” because programs feature reading, language comprehension and analytic thought.
- Provide opportunities for group projects which enhance children’s learning, as do music, art, theatre, and computer activities, as well as
reading for pleasure and writing for an audience.
- Let students connect with teachers in a lower teacher-child ratio setting. Such meaningful interactions are associated with more positive interactions, less negativity, and more flexible
and age-appropriate activities.
- Allow students (most markedly boys) greater flexibility to make choices in their class activities, which research connects to better social skills with classroom peers.
- Can decrease TV viewing behavior in children!! Researchers found that children watch far more television at home after school than they do at after-school programs. In numerous studies, time viewing television has been associated with lower reading achievement and more frequent behavior problems among children.