Here are the benefits of After School Enrichment Programs:
- Give children activity choices, engage them in enrichment activities, and support socialization and team learning.
- Pay academic dividends during the school day, whether or not the class is classified as “academic,” because programs feature reading, language comprehension and analytic thought.
- Provide opportunities for group projects in music, art, theatre, and computer activities.
- Let students connect with teachers in a lower teacher-child ratio setting.
- Allow students greater flexibility to make choices in their class activities, which research connects to better social skills with classroom peers.
- Decreases screen time for children! In numerous studies, time viewing television has been associated with lower reading achievement and more frequent behavior problems among children.